Laundry tips to wash away germs amid the coronavirus
CDC Recommendations on Laundry:
For clothing, towels, linens and other items
- Wash hands with soap and water as soon before and after handling laundry.
- Do not shake dirty laundry.
- Launder items according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Use the warmest appropriate water setting and dry items completely.
- Dirty laundry from an ill person can be washed with other people’s items.
- Clean and disinfect clothes hampers according to guidance for those surfaces.
Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website to learn more about how to prevent the spread of COVID-19.